Como podem ver em baixo, está aberta (até 15 de Fevereiro de 2014) a Call for papers para participar na Conferência Internacional "Gender in Focus: (new) Trends in Media" que se realiza entre 20 e 21 de Junho de 2014, na bela cidade de Braga, Universidade do Minho.
CALL FOR PAPERS
International Conference “Gender in focus: (new) trends in media”
June 20-21, 2014
University of Minho (Braga, Portugal)
The Communication and Society Research Centre invites you to submit a proposal for a paper, panel or poster presentation to the upcoming International Conference “Gender in focus: (new) trends in media”.
Over the last decades, a considerable amount of research has been conducted on the relationship of gender with communication. However, new insights are still needed, especially those that explore the interrelations and negotiations between media and gender through the use of interdisciplinary and intersectional approaches.
This event aims to serve as a forum to discuss ideas, experiences and research results on gender and media, bringing together social sciences researchers, NGOs representatives and media professionals.
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Femininities and/or Masculinities Representations in Media
• Gender and Media Trends
• Gender, Media and Public Sphere
• Gender, Advertising and Consumer Culture
• Gender, Audience and Reception Studies
• Gender, Digital Culture and Communication
• Gender, Media Institutions and Communication Policies
• Media and Feminist Theory
• Media Social Networks and Identities
• Media, Gender and Democracy
• Media, Gender and Human rights
• Media, Gender and Intercultural Communication
• Media, Gender and Sexualities
• New Media and Feminist Movements
• Intersectionality and Media
Please submit an abstract for oral paper or poster up to 300 words and a brief authors biography of about 150 words. Panel proposals should consist of a rationale of the panel (300 words), abstracts for individual presenters (150 words each), name of panel chair(s) and a brief authors biography of about 150 words.
Proposals should be submitted through the EasyChair system (https://www.easychair.org/
mentioning name, academic affiliation and contacts. The deadline is
February 15, 2014 and the notification of paper, panel or poster
acceptance will be no later than March 15, 2014.
The official language of the conference is English.
For more information, please contact us:
Communication and Society Research Centre
Social Sciences Institute
University of Minho
4710-057 Braga – Portugal